Travel Adaptor UK     Travel Adaptor US

230V Transformers
for International Visitors

500 W Converter

230V 500 watt step up / down converter
More details

500 W Step Up / Down transformer

230V 500 watt step up / down transformer
More details

1000 W Step Up / Down transformer

230V 1000 watt step up / down transformer
More details

3000 W Step Up / Down transformer

230V 3000 watt step up / down transformer
More details

USA Visitor Adapters

These adapters are suitable either for appliances purchased abroad or for when you have visitors turn up and find that they can't plug their electrical items into a US outlet. Whilst it is quite possible to buy country specific adapters it makes more sense to get a multiplug adapter that will be compatible with many different types of plugs. They're pretty cheap and many will convert most UK, European, Asian and Australian plugs to fit a USA outlet. The exception is the European Schuko plug which needs its own adapter due to the way that it makes the ground contact.

Whilst an adapter will allow you to physically plug in an appliance it does not change the voltage or frequency of the supply. US voltage is currently specified as 120 V + /- 5% at 60 Hz. Please check that any appliances that you plug in are compatible. 230 V Appliances (such as those made for the foreign market) are not likely to work properly (if at all) when plugged into a US outlet and it may cause damage to the equipment unless you use a suitable transformer.

Japanese Devices

It is worthy of a mention as many Americans like to get hold of hi-teck devices that are not released onto the American market. Japanese voltage is 100V and many of their domestic appliances are set at that voltage. Because the USA runs at a higher voltage (all be it only slightly) these items may not function properly and could be damaged. The answer is to buy a special Japanese transformer.

Our Recommendations

Universal to USA

Best budget USA visitor adapter
More details

Universal Triple Outlet

Universal triple USA visitor adapter
More details

Euro Converter Plug

Best Euro converter plug
More details

Schuko (EU)

Best Schuko to USA visitor adapter
More details


Best UK to USA visitor adapter
More details

Universal Power Strip

Universal power strip to USA adapter with USB
More details
This site uses cookies - OK

Please Select your Location

This will help us to show you adaptors that will work with your domestic devices.

Travel Adaptor UK


Type G plug


Type G socket
Travel Adaptor USA


Type A plug
Type B plug


Type A outlet Type B outlet

Tip: If you are not located in the UK or USA just click on the picture that shows your domestic plug or socket / outlet type and we'll know what you need.

Alternatively if we do not support your specific plug / socket types yet you can close this and view the site with default settings.

You can change your preference at any time by clicking on the flag icons at the top of the page.